Ikat is a weaving style common to many world cultures. It is probably one of the oldest forms of textile decoration, and has an everlasting and universal appeal. A characteristic of ikat textiles is an apparent “blurriness” to the design. The blurriness is a result of the extreme difficulty the weaver has lining up the dyed yarns so that the pattern comes out perfectly in the finished cloth.
This “Absolut Ikat” print embodies the characteristics of an ikat masterpiece as evident in this signature Devain Kapoor umbrella cut gown. The gown features 16 individual panels that have been stitched together to create a beautiful, flared garment. It has a high collar with hook buttons on the chest to allow for either a V-neck, or a closed neck look. The neckline and motifs on this garment have been embellished with crystals that lift up the entire piece.
The long, flowy garment is sure to have a special place in every woman’s wardrobe.
– Fabrication: Silk
– Umbrella cut gown consisting of 16 panels giving a gorgeous flared look
– High collar with hook buttons on chest
– Crystal embellishments on neckline, back, and sleeves
– Long, straight sleeves
– Tie on the side with tassels to provide a better fit
– Not see through – inner not required
– Garment Length: 145 cm
– Chest Circumference: S: 98 cm, M: 105 cm, L: 110 cm
– Iron on low heat
– Dry Clean
– Store in a cool, dry place
– Avoid storage in direct sunlight